Sew What? Say What?

Some people collect sewing machines, some people fix sewing machines. Some people collect sewing machines so they can fix sewing machines.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Why???

I'm griped about Christmas parties and about the holidays in general. OK, the only reason I'm griped is because the agency that I work for goofed off for the holidays, and didn't process my claim for payment till a MONTH had passed. I sent it in in October, it was being reviewed in Early November, so I thought all was fine. Then I heard nothing. Being patient, I didn't raise the alarm until last week. Then all of a sudden they "found" it and sent it in, pleading office parties as an excuse.

Mind you, I'm thankful that I'm not there, and aside from a few things, I like the way I work. But I've never understood how people could let work slide just because of it being late November, or December.

Now I'm in the less than enviable position of having done all the work, competed my claim form in a timely manner, and continuing to complete my work in a timely and efficient manner, and yet, my creditors and bill senders will be looking at me as a deadbeat????

Sometimes I think I ought to stick to something simple, like doing sewing machine house calls.