Sew What? Say What?

Some people collect sewing machines, some people fix sewing machines. Some people collect sewing machines so they can fix sewing machines.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Continuing Love Affair

As seen at sunrise, or as close to it as I could get, after getting my camera and setting things up. I shot this in a night mode, so that the small amount of light would seem enormous. I wanted to capture just how intimate my sewing machines are. Those two domes represent my Harris 9H, to the left, and my glorious Green Kayser to the right. Both are environmentalists, and help me to stave off the blues on the days when the electricity is not available. As hand crank sewing machines, they are remarkable in their ability to sew very precisely. As precise as hand sewing, in fact, because in a way, it is hand sewing. No, not needle and thread in hand type hand sewing, but instead of an electric motor rushing relentlessly forward, these beauties are guided by my steady turning on their hand cranks. If I'd opened one, I would have woke the bird, and I didnt want to do that. It was simply an early morning moment, filled with soft sunlight and a bit of cozy pleasure as I contemplated two good machines, a wonderful wall, my abode, and the day ahead. Sigh.
Sometimes it is all quite wonderful. (But it does take effort to see it that way in these tough times.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home