Sew What? Say What?

Some people collect sewing machines, some people fix sewing machines. Some people collect sewing machines so they can fix sewing machines.

Friday, January 23, 2009

What happened to my Yarn???

Ok, this is a view of my kitchen (behind me) at night. I've just finished my hat, made from felted Corriedale handspun yarn, singles and plied. I've got an obvious look of total satisfaction on my face, and for good reason. The hat rocks. I didn't use a pattern. I went with the yarn, and worked it as I saw fit. There's a front view.

And there's a back view. The photos aren't as sharp as I might like, but it was a spur of the moment photo session, during which I was assisted by my SO (SeanO), who has his own unique photographic style.

I can't seem to find the picture that had our bird in it, although just maybe you'll see him if you peer through the door that is showing in the second photo.

I'm hoping my friends on Ravelry will get to see this. Today, for the first time, I linked my blog to some place. I've been doing this blog off and on for a while, and this is the first time I've linked it with anything.

We'll see. I'm publishing this now, then going back to cooking dinner. It's a split pea, lentil, and barley soup tonight, with a small bit of Beeler's Bacon in it for flavor. Currently simmering and waiting for the finishing touches.

I'll likely photograph the hat again, maybe in sunlight, but for now, a night time picture, assisted, and spur of the moment is going to do.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cool hat, Donna. How come you never let me know that you had a blog? And here I got you all addicted to wool and spinning and all, LOL.

Yes, I do want a daylight picture of the hat! Cool beans. You made something out of your very own handspun.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home