Sew What? Say What?

Some people collect sewing machines, some people fix sewing machines. Some people collect sewing machines so they can fix sewing machines.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sometimes Spinning is Magic


It depends. On the wool, on the prep, on the tools you use to spin it, the mood you're in, and sometimes a bit of magic. I've been working on this Lincoln Lambswool, and using one of Nate's marvelous custom made spindles and my new Valkyrie mini combs, all of which combine to make for a blissful experience. But then, along comes this blast of color from a prism in my window today, and KABOOM, magic. It takes a good camera to capture magic, and I'm lucky, I have an old Konica Minolta Dimage Z2, a wonderful camera that has been my friend now for quite a few years. It's like good soup, good stew, the right ingredients at the right time can make magic.

Here's my recipe:
Take the lamb's fleece from a Lincoln, wash it after skirting.
When dry, prep it with Valkyrie minicombs. They're making them again!
Finally, get a custom made spindle from Nathan Stipek, and blend these ingredients to produce first, pleasure, and finally wonderful yarn, and ultimately Magic.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Your yarn looks like magic with the prism thing going on!

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Melissa Plank said...

Glorious!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home